Friday 21 May 2021 - Tuesday 22 Jun 2021
Around The World for The Irish Blue Cross!
Summer is usually a busy time for fundraising for The Irish Blue Cross, with our flagship “Bark in the Park” fundraising events. Unfortunately, much like last year, these events cannot take place. However, you can still get involved and raise much needed funds for thousands of sick and injured animals!
iDonate.ie have partnered with Charities Institute Ireland to launch a nationwide fundraiser that is taking place in June, in aid of Irish charities. It’s an exciting new virtual challenge that will will bring fundraisers across Ireland together, at a safe distance.
‘Around the World’ takes place on June 19 – 20th and the goal is to collectively travel the distance of the globe (42,000km) in 24 hours by running, walking, swimming, cycling, wagging, barking, …any movement counts and every little helps! The only requirement is that your chosen activity is in line with current government guidelines on exercise and social distancing. Participants will pledge their kms to their chosen cause on iDonate.ie and all donations received will go to The Irish Blue Cross.
We’re asking you to take part in an activity of your choice on June 19 – 20th and fundraise or donate to support The Irish Blue Cross via this link, or by filling in your details below – you can even nominate friend! The kms you pledge to The Irish Blue Cross will be counted towards the 42,000km ‘Around the World’ challenge target.
How can I get involved?
- Visit this unique link and click on the button to create your own individual fundraising page, or fill in your details in the quick form below
- Select The Irish Blue Cross from the drop down list and set up your fundraising page
- Share your iDonate fundraising page with friends and family and ask for their support with the challenge. Why not encourage them to get involved also!
- Get active on June 19 – 20th and pledge the kms you cover to The Irish Blue Cross on iDonate.ie!
- Share a photo of you completing your challenge on social media using the hashtag #doingittogether and #IrishBlueCross
Or if you can’t take part in the challenge, you can choose to make a donation to team The Irish Blue Cross by clicking on the donate button here
By #doingittogether we can cover a lot of ground and you can make a world of difference to those we support.
For more information see the official website for the challenge: www.aroundtheworld.ie