The Irish Blue Cross Statement on Covid 19
Unfortunately, due to COVID-19 The Blue Cross has had to take the difficult decision to temporarily suspend taking on new clients.
The charities resources and services are already extremely stretched due to the global pandemic, and we are working around the clock to treat the thousands of patients already on our files. Full statement can be found here.
Unfortunately we are still unable to take on new patients that are unwell as our Inchicore Clinic is still at maximum capacity. We will keep you updated on this over the coming months.
We are delighted to announce that The Irish Blue Cross is now able to offer appointments for vaccinations ONLY to new patients at our Mobile Clinics.
To make an appointment please phone 01-4163030 or email; firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Mobile Clinic Service is still operational. This service is on an appointment only basis, and you can call 01-416 3030 to reserve a spot. More information can be found here.
Our head clinic in Inchicore has remained open throughout the pandemic, and can be contacted on 01-416 3030 or email@example.com
We are currently experiencing a high volume of calls, and our vets, nurses, and receptionists are stretched to the very limit. We ask for your patience and understanding, and we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused – unfortunately circumstances are beyond our control.
We will continue to monitor the current situation, and if anything should change over the coming days, weeks, and months, we will update accordingly through our social media channels and our website.
We would like to re-iterate that there is no evidence that Pets spread coronavirus.
We ask clients who are attending our mobile clinics, or our Inchicore clinic, to follow these steps so that we can treat all patients in a timely and professional manner;
At our Inchicore Clinic
- When you arrive for your appointment, we would ask you to call the number displayed wait in your car/outside
- Only 1 client to attend consults in Inchicore with each patient
- We request that only the pet owner or the person looking after the pet patient attend our Inchicore clinic. Please do not bring extra family members or friends where possible.
- Please observe social distancing – keep a space of 2 metres (6.5 feet) between you and other people outside the clinic
- Please phone in your pets prescriptions in advance to save time – ph: 01-416 3030 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please pay over the phone for all prescriptions if possible
- If you don’t feel well please reschedule your appointment for the safety of our staff and other clients
We also ask all clients to heed directives from the HSE to combat transmission of the virus and to;
- Wash your hands properly and often.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when you cough and sneeze.
- Put used tissues into bins provided.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid close contact with people who are not well.
- Avoid crowded places, especially indoors.
- Follow the travel advice from the Department of Foreign Affairs
- Stay at home if you are sick to help stop the spread of whatever infection you may have
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- Do not share objects that touch your mouth – for example, bottles, cups
A link to the HSE advice on Covid-19 can be found here
A list of our mobile clinic locations and operating times can be found here
Information on our Inchicore clinic can be found here
For any veterinary queries, you can contact our team in Inchicore on email@example.com or 01 416 30 30
For any non veterinary queries please contact Fundraising on firstname.lastname@example.org .