The Irish Blue Cross Statement on Covid 19
Due to the new restrictions brought in place on Friday the 27th of March, our mobile clinics will no longer be operational for the foreseeable future. This is in the interest of the health and safety of our clients, volunteers, and vets. If you had an appointment with our mobile clinics, one of our team will be in touch to rearrange.
Due to COVID 19 government restrictions our operations have changed significantly – We are currently only seeing urgent cases at our Inchicore Clinic.
We are currently experiencing a high volume of calls, and our resources are stretched to the very limit. We ask for your patience and understanding, and we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused – unfortunately circumstances are beyond our control.
However, we are offering phone and video consults for less urgent problems – please leave a message on 01-416 3030 or email email@example.com with your name and number and we will get back to you with an appointment for a phone or video consult.
We will continue to monitor the current situation, and if anything should change over the coming hours, days, or weeks, we will update accordingly through our social media channels and our website.
We would like to re-iterate that there is no evidence that Pets catch or spread coronavirus.
At each of our locations we will provide hand sanitiser for hygiene purposes, and we ask clients who are attending our mobile clinics, or our Inchicore clinic, to follow these steps so that we can treat all patients in a timely and professional manner;
At our Inchicore Clinic
- When you arrive for your appointment, we would ask you to ring the buzzer and wait outside
- Only 1 client to attend consults in Inchicore with each patient
- We request that only the pet owner or the person looking after the pet patient attend our Inchicore clinic. Please do not bring extra family members or friends where possible
- Please observe social distancing – keep a space of 2 metres (6.5 feet) between you and other people
- Please phone in your pets prescriptions in advance to save time standing in the clinic – ph: 01-416 3030 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please pay by contactless payments or over the phone for all prescriptions if possible
- If you don’t feel well please reschedule your appointment for the safety of our staff and other clients
- Where possible we are allowing extra time each side of consults in an attempt to reduce the number of clients waiting in the waiting room
- Hand sanitiser is available in the waiting room please use this on arrival and when leaving the clinic
We also ask all clients to heed directives from the HSE to combat transmission of the virus and to;
- Wash your hands properly and often.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when you cough and sneeze.
- Put used tissues into bins provided.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid close contact with people who are not well.
- Avoid crowded places, especially indoors.
- Follow the travel advice from the Department of Foreign Affairs
- Stay at home if you are sick to help stop the spread of whatever infection you may have
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- Do not share objects that touch your mouth – for example, bottles, cups
A link to the HSE advice on Covid-19 can be found here
A list of our mobile clinic locations and operating times can be found here
Information on our Inchicore clinic can be found here
For any veterinary queries, you can contact our team in Inchicore on email@example.com or 01 416 30 30
For any non veterinary queries please contact Paul on firstname.lastname@example.org .